Low Protein Cheddar & Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 200g Promin All Purpose Baking Mix
- 260mls Cold water
- 125g Violife dairy free spread
- 220g Spinach (count as exchanges)
- 1 Diced white onion
- 2 tsp Garlic purée
- 100g Promin Scrambled Egg and Omelette Mix
- 100g Violife cheddar cheese
- 100ml Oat single cream (count as exchanges)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Low Protein Cheddar & Spinach Quiche
- Place 250g Promin All Purpose Baking Mix into a mixing bowl and rub in 125g of margarine or butter to form a crumble.
- Stir in 60mls of water until a clear pastry is obtained. Allow the pastry to rest for a few minutes before use.
- Lightly grease and flan case and mould the pastry to shape ensuring all sides are covered. Using a fork, make small air pockets in the pastry to allow even cooking. Use baking beans/rice or pasta to blind bake the pastry for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Gently fry the white onion until soft and stir in the garlic purée and spinach. When the spinach is soft add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 100g Promin Scrambled Egg and Omelette Mix to 200mls of water and whisk together. Add 100mls of oat single cream (other low protein creams available) and continue to whisk until mixture loosens slightly.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven and add the contents of the pan
Pour the mixture into the flan case and sprinkle with Violife cheddar cheese allow to bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees or until a knife comes out clean
Low Protein Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Preheat the Oven to 200 degrees/ Gas Mark 5 Vegetable and Tomato Sauce Cheese Sauce Layering…
Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne
Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto