Low Protein Moroccan Cous Cous Recipe
- 120g Promin Cous Cous
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 pint of boiling water
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic purée
- 3 teaspoons of Moroccan spice
- Fresh or dried coriander leaf for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Low Protein Moroccan Cous Cous
- Measure out the cous cous and place into a suitable jug/ or bowl.
- Pour in the half pint of boiling water and cover with a plate or cling film. Ideally a plate so the steam can still escape, if not pierce a small hole in the top of the cling film. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- In oil gently stir fry the red onion and red pepper until they begin to soften.
- Remove the lid from the jug and use a fork to fluff up the cous cous, add a spoonful of butter, just to loosen the mixture slightly.
- Add the cous cous to the pan and allow the vegetables to infuse with the cous cous. Keep breaking the cous cous down with a spoon as you are cooking the products together.
- Add garlic purée and Moroccan spice and continue to mix in.
- Slightly add more boiling water to separate the mix just before serving, and cook until all the water has reduced/ evaporated.
- Garnish with coriander leaf and season with salt and pepper.
Low Protein Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Preheat the Oven to 200 degrees/ Gas Mark 5 Vegetable and Tomato Sauce Cheese Sauce Layering…
Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne
Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto