Low Protein Apple & Raspberry Crumble Recipe
For the filling:
- 3 large sweet apples
- 120g of frozen raspberries
- 100g caster sugar
- Spoonful of butter
For the crumble topping:
- 150g Promin all purpose baking mix
- 75g Butter
- 75g light brown sugar
Serve with Promin low protein custard dessert mix
How To Make Low Protein Apple & Raspberry Crumble Recipe
- Cut 3 large apples into bite size chunks, and place into a pan on a low heat.
- Stir in a spoonful of butter to help soften the apples.
- Add in the frozen raspberries and caster sugar and cook until softened. Make sure your apple still has some bite as it will carry on cooking in the oven.
- Remove the mixture from the heat once it is deep in colour and appropriately softened. Allow to cool slightly.
- For the crumble mix together 150g of all purpose baking mix with 75g butter. The best way to achieve a breadcrumb texture is to rub the butter into the flour using your hands.
- Stir in the 75g brown sugar.
- Layer the filling into a suitable oven proof dish, make sure the filling is cool enough before topping with the crumble mix, otherwise the crumble mix will sink into the filling.
- Spread the crumble mix evenly across the fruit and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until the topping is golden.
- Serve with Promin low protein custard.
Low Protein Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Chicken and Mushroom Risotto Preheat the Oven to 200 degrees/ Gas Mark 5 Vegetable and Tomato Sauce Cheese Sauce Layering…
Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Vegetable Lasagne
Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto Recipe
Ingredients How To Make Low Protein Spring Vegetable Risotto